Thursday 17 November 2011

Presentations!

So in class, we had 3 presentations.  One on the Muslim Culture which I presented, one on Aboriginal Culture, and New Canadian Culture.  I remember the New Canadian presentaion the least because I don't think they planned it well enough.  Once they handed out the mock test that everyone has to take to become a Canadian Citizen I was so concerntrated on that, that I didn't hear anything they were saying.  I retained nothing from that presentaion except that most of the stuff on the test the average person wouldn't know because it isn't taught in schools.  I think if they really wanted to present a good presentaion they should have handed the test out at a different time, maybe in the middle of the presentation when we've heard some kind of information.  I definitely would have liked to learn more about how New Canadians see things.

I really liked the Aboriginal Culture one.  When they brought out the different artifacts that are used for different reasons in the culture I was impressed.  They took the time to get artifacts that were important to this culture.  I remember them talking about some of the art.  And then it brought me back to when we've talked about the art with the tiles that Aboriginals are known for.  I decided to google some of this art because anytime we've done it for fun in class, I just don't think it looks like much, but after seeing a few images on google I thought it looked amazing.  Some of them are really simple which aren't as great, but the ones with lots of deatil and still only using shapes just makes me enjoy looking at them that much more.  I can't wait to decorate my home with creative art. 

The Muslim Culture was fun to learn.  I'm always interested in the Muslim culture.  I'm not sure why, but I love learning why they choose to follow that religion.  It's always a choice, and the way I heard it explained by my friend from work, I was so amazed that women were like pearls in the Muslim Culture.  I always thought that men were the boss, and women weren't allowed to show anything because it might make their men mad.  But when my friend explained to me that women are to be covered because showing any kind of skin make the men horny for the women.  So they cover the women from the age of 12 and older to protect them from men who aren't decent.  I was so impressed with that view that it made more sense to me.  I hope to learn many more things about this culture because I love learning how they live within the faith and the different things people of the Muslim Culture do.

No comments:

Post a Comment